Stone Kitchen Worktops Derbyshire: Top Tips for Renovating Your Kitchen
Are you looking to take on a huge project to freshen up your home whilst bringing your kitchen to life? The kitchen is the heart of the home, for many, this is where the family comes together to spend time with each other, the fondest memories are made when gathered around the table.
Choosing a brand-new kitchen is one of the most exciting projects when renovating your home. Your kitchen is where all the magic happens, and it is important that you replicate your home interior correctly through your new choice of kitchen worktops. Here at Set in Stone UK, we have a wide range of kitchen worktops for sale to suit everybody’s home interior. If you are looking for experienced fabricators and fitters working to fit high-quality kitchen worktops, we can help you today.
- Let’s dive into the top tips for renovating your new kitchen.
Open plan living is becoming increasingly popular and for many, this is seen as highly important when renovating your home. Is your current kitchen dated, small and closed off, but you can see how much potential the space truly has? This is your chance to take your ideas with both hands and channel them into the design element of your brand-new kitchen. Whether you have been living in your home for the past 15 years, or you’ve recently brought a new home as a renovation project. It’s never too late to bring your dream kitchen into the heart of your home.
1. Plan Ahead. First things first, when re-designing your kitchen, you need to be smart and utilise all of the space you have. This includes listing out all of the appliances you use, take into consideration how much cupboard space you truly need. There would be nothing worse than having your brand-new kitchen fitted, but there isn’t enough cupboard space. This shows the importance of planning ahead when designing your kitchen.
2. Declutter and organise. “Out with the old and in with the new”, if you’ve heard this saying before, then take this opportunity to hit refresh and organise all of your old kitchen appliances. You may find that you want to start afresh in your new kitchen, therefore this means that you will need to clear out everything which you are looking to replace. You will be surprised how therapeutic decluttering your belongings truly is.
3. Lighting is essential. If you have come from a small, dark and dated kitchen you will be surprised how much the lighting in your kitchen makes a difference. You may be looking to upgrade and install the latest modern kitchen worktops to leave your home feeling fresh and brand new. The key to creating a bright and spacious room is down to the lighting. Whether you are looking to bring natural light into your home through new windows or bifold doors, you will be highly surprised at the difference these alterations can make. In addition to this, be smart with your secondary lighting, this includes spotlights above your preparation areas and cookers.
4. Be inspired. This is your chance to bring your ideas to life, take this opportunity to be motivated, create a mood board, collect different magazines, experiment with new ideas. It is so important that you get the design element of your kitchen right, you want the interior to flow well throughout your home reflecting on your own individual style. Take this opportunity to talk to experts, designers or your friends and family. Your inspiration may come from a specific tile or worktop which you want to be featured in your new kitchen, let your creativity flow and be open to new designs.
If you are currently in the process of renovating your kitchen and you are looking for stone kitchen worktops, Derbyshire. Get in touch with our team at Set in Stone today if you are interested in the work we do. We are a family run business providing high-quality natural stone worktops such as granite, marble and quartz worktops, if you are looking for an installation team, get in touch now.