Are you currently in the process of redesigning your kitchen? We want to help you transform your home today and we believe this all starts from the preparation and design of your kitchen. Home interior is completely bespoke to each individual customer who we work with, therefore we provide you with a wide range of materials to choose from. We understand that everybody’s style is unique, and this is carefully illustrated through our different kitchen worktop designs.
As trends are continually changing, and new interior designs are arising it is important that you take this opportunity to explore the latest designs when planning your brand-new kitchen. Let’s discuss the benefits of different kitchen worktops and from here you can form an opinion on the desired worktop of your choice.
The debate between light and dark kitchen worktops is highly competitive and ultimately comes down to your individual style. Light worktops will leave your kitchen feeling much brighter and more spacious. Your light worktops will not only reflect the natural light flowing through your kitchen but overall your kitchen will feel sleek and modern. If this is something you are interested in reflecting through the interior of your home, then a light kitchen would be the best option for you.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a darker kitchen worktop this can really compliment the interior of your brand-new kitchen. Many people believe that a dark kitchen worktop will leave the room feeling dark and dull, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. If you decide to go for a glossy finish, your kitchen worktop can reflect the light beautifully throughout your home.
Making a small kitchen feel bigger. The key to making your kitchen feel much bigger than it really is can come down to small details which can easily be changed. For example, if your kitchen feels a lot smaller than it really is, have you considered painting the kitchen cupboards? Bright, natural and fresh colours will leave the room feeling transformed before you have even altered the layout of the room. In addition to this, if you are looking to redesign the whole kitchen, take a look at the lighter kitchen cupboards and worktops. Further to this, if you currently have dark kitchen worktops, begin by painting the whole room in light colours. Again, this will open up space in your kitchen.
Here are some top tips which will leave you kitchen feeling much larger than it already is…
- Reflective surfaces, this is a great way for you to project light throughout the kitchen whether it is natural or not. If you are looking to open up space in the heart of your home, this is a great way to begin.
- Declutter, take this opportunity to chuck out anything which you don’t use on a day to day basis. Minimalism is the way forward and will leave your kitchen feeling much more spacious.
- Redecorate, this is one way for you to transform your kitchen at a low cost. Paining your kitchen cupboards and walls a light colour is the perfect way for you to transform the space.
- Mirrors are a great way for you to transform the space throughout your home, but if your kitchen feels restrictive, adding a mirror will give the illusion that the room is much bigger than it seems.
- Open Shelves, this will leave your kitchen feeling much more spacious, this may be as simple as removing the doors on your kitchen cupboards. This is a great way for you to transform your kitchen at a low cost.
If you are currently in the process of redesigning your kitchen, take this opportunity to talk to our team here at Set in Stone. We provide our customers with high-quality stone kitchen worktops, Derbyshire. If you are looking for granite, marble or quartz worktops, contact our team we can work with you today.